Sunday, August 17, 2008

They Found Bigfoot? (Or,¨´Here´s an Update on Youth Ministry´´)


Greetings from a vastly overpriced Mexican internet cafe. Don´t worry, I haven´t forgotten about the blog. But Brown City Camp came and then this past week I´ve been out of the country on vacation. I haven´t really been online to post anything, but you can count on at least a post or two a week from here on out. Some of you have asked what´s up with Wednesday nights. Here´s the answer:


This coming Wednesday night is a church-wide Movie Night.


The following Wednesday night is a church-wide Back To School Bash.


Then finally the Wednesday night after that we will get back to our regular Senior High Wednesday evenings from 6:45-8:00PM.


Yes, yes, I have missed them too, but for those of you who have participated, we´ve actually had a lot go on in the summer, though I´ll look forward to getting back to our regular format.


Watch soon for the unveiling of a theme for the coming year. I know you will all come back repeatedly, every ten or twenty minutes or so, in extreme anticipation just waiting to find out what it is.


Oh yeah, Bigfoot. So while I´ve been secluded from the outside world, a war has broken out between the Russians and Georgians (the former USSR Georgians, not the hillbilly ones to the south of us), Michael Phelps has won about 45 gold medals, and some guys claimed they discovered Bigfoot and it got the whole world speculating. But alas, it looks like Bigfoot still only exists in our imaginations (and in the imaginations of distant people´s and cultures over the ages who had no contact with each other--Hmmmmmmm......).


So my question is, do you have any sensational claims or discoveries that you´d like to share with us? Just like the Bigfoot guys, they don´t have to be true I guess, just interesting and fun.


Now excuse me while I go enjoy my final couple hours in the ocean. See you this coming week, assuming I get home safely.

1 comment:

Melissa-this-is-real said...

Yes I would agree Bigfoot is FAKE!!
but what me and my friend found wasnt....
Well my friend Livy's Grandma lives in the middle of no were and well Livy and I were haveing a camp out and she though it would be funny to make up goast storys and well mine wasnt very scary but hers was and well it was the curse of the mail man and the mail man only came on foggy nights and it was a foggy night so it was 4:30am and I looked over by the road and saw a man standing there and well shes like what is that so Livy and I grabed out flash lights and went to go look and we got there he was now be hid us No Lie.....befour her grandma bought the house a mail man was delivering mail to each house and the cupple that first lived there at the timewere killed and the killer saw the mail man and rain him over till he was dead! so we went adn slept inside! lol

we got a smile out of it so I though you would to!